SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Why do you let your cat roam ?

toomuchglass
13 years ago

This is by no means a debate about letting cats roam --- I've read rantings and ravings about 'the right ' to let cats roam.... and I'm tired of it. I just wanted to ask simple questions that I've never heard answered .

I'm actually a dog person -- but have had indoor cats all my life. I support the "Happy Endings" cat rescue here .... and would do anything to save a kitty . All my friends are "cat people" ! LOL Now you know I'm not trying to cause a debate .

SOme let their cats out - some don't. I've had the sad mission a couple of times to go out and look for my friend's cats when they didn't come home. I always prayed I didn't find them dead in the street. Usually - they were never found. My friend was devistated each time . That made me wonder why people let their cats out to roam - unprotected . THere's so many dangers out there .Like I said - my cats were indoor - so I'd like to ask the questions here with alot of pet lovers. Who knows ? -- I might rescue a few cats again !!

*** Here's my questions ~~

* Do cats automatically remember where they live to find their way back ?

* IS there an average time they stay away ?

* Do they make a fuss to go out side ?

* Does being fixed matter if they want to go out ?

* Is there something they like to eat outside ?

* Is it just for exercise - to keep from being bored ?

* Do you worry if they don't return within a certain time ?

* What if they didn't come home ?

* Do you worry about someone else thinking it's feral and keeping it ?

* Are you worried if it comes home with fleas or ticks ?

I've never asked these questions before of anyone - thank you for your replies . You're educating people !

Thank you for that !

Comments (11)