SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

do your cats sleep when you do?

vacuumfreak
16 years ago

My Jasper, Macy, and Ariel are driving me crazy at night. I know cats are nocturnal, but my goodness! They play with their toys and my "stuff" all night long. They get in the blinds, knock things over, and just act wild all night long. When I try to close them out of my bedroom, they headbutt the door to force me to let them back in. I've just started rolling my portable dishwasher in front of the bedroom door so they can't headbutt it. My boyfriend came over a few nights ago and I wanted to try to let the cats spend time with us. I left the bedroom door open... but they started crawling on his face so I had to put them out in the living room. When my boyfriend got up in the middle of the night for a glass of water, he almost killed himself on the dishwasher... I forgot to warn him! I just wish they would sleep in bed with me... they only get tired after a full night of playing around. I LOVE napping with them in the middle of the day on a rare occasion that I get to nap. We're all sprawled all over each other snuggled up together and it's so cozy. I want more of that. Is there anything I can do to help them at least calm down before bedtime?

Comments (13)