SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ailene54

Please help me with colors for mudroom/laundry update

Ilene Perl
10 years ago

I had wonderful ideas for an update for my mud/ laundry room but reality of the situation is DH wants to move, and even though we aren't moving tomorrow I've had a project every year for the 8 years we've lived here.....he asked me really nicely to try to live with mud room the way it is, telling me how he didn't think it was bad. Yesterday we washed the wallpaper with magic sponges, the one seam that was opening is now glued. I'm thinking of putting up a curtain that would also wrap around the side of the shelves. I would like it to hang it from the ceiling and thought I could put some S hooks up to hold the pole, but I'm wondering if the other side can be held up with thumb tacks? I plan on having the front come down to the top of the washer and dryer, but was thinking on the short side I would like it to go down to the floor (if I can find one that will do that). The wall paper has a faint blue and pink stripe, but is mostly beige as you can see. What color curtain do you suggest? Beige? Blue? How about the rug? Originally my update included pull out shelving for the pantry, I've stated to do some DIY things, I put up the shelves on inside of door, added some lazy Susan's too and other things for cans. I plan on painting the trim, inside of the pantry, and getting a new runner which will go door to door. I'm also hoping to still put up a ceiling laundry rack. Your help on colors is really appreciated. If you have similar curtain or shades above your washer and dryer can I please see how it looks. Thanks!

Comments (6)