SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20023316

My pharamist told me I set a record...

User
13 years ago

My pharamist told me I set a record...for the highest cost of a prescription drug that has come through his doors since he has been in business for over 30 years.

Stelara, a drug for psoriasis. $10,000. I receive it from my pharmacist and take it to my dr. in a cooler and they inject it. I started my first dose and in a month, I will receive another dose..after that every three months.

I do not see how in the world people who have severe psoriasis can take that hit on their finances. For some reason my insurance co. decided they would pay 100%. But, I guess they have paid for hospital stays, laser, and all sorts of other injections that have not worked...with some injections that have paid at 100%, this is one of those that did pay at 100%. I have been on simponi and they paid 100%, enbrel, there was a copay with that one, remicade it was paid at 100%, humira, there was a copay with that one also. None of them helped with my psoriasis. But hopefully this will help. I would like to be a normal person this summer and be able to wear shorts, short sleeved blouses, and a swimsuit...instead of long pants, long sleeve shirts..It is so miserable in the summer, and I feel like a leper.

Here is a link that might be useful: Facts about Stelara

Comments (20)