SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jack12345_gw

Final Kitchen Design Layout......Hopefully?

jack12345
12 years ago

I posted a couple layouts a while back of our current kitchen and our plans for remodeling our kitchen. I dont remember where that listing is or how to find it so I am posting this as its own topic rather than adding on to that posting. We got some advice, and thought about it and figured we needed to know exactly what appliances we wanted before we finalized a layout. We picked out our appliances (30" cooktop and above range microwave, 30" double oven, 36" SxS refrig, dishawasher, and 21" under counter refrig) We decided based on advice here that we were correct in assuming it would be best to remove the baseboard heat and install toekicks.

The last time I posted we were told our kitchen would work well as a galley style but that doesnt appeal to us so the layout in the picture is what we decided to go with. We decided to make pullouts out of a 36" wall cabinet and our existing pantry. Also we decided to move the refrig down from the corner of our wall and either put a utility cabinet or a custom built shelf unit that matches the cabinets behind it. We are leaning towards a shelf unit even though a cabinet is shown in the pic. We decided on a undercounter fridge for all of our drinks, sodas, etc to keep out of the main fridge.

If anyone sees anything that they think will cause a problem, please let us know. If something seems like it doesn't work or something should be changed please let us know. We are mainly trying to make sure we will be happy with this layout before we order the cabinets. The only problem we are thinking of is that we currently do a lot of prep sitting at the kitchen table and there is nowhere to sit in the new kitchen.

Also, we were wondering about the toekicks. We have about 9' section and 3' section of baseboard we are taking out and are looking for help on sizing the toekicks. We are thinking we would need one in the shelf/cabinet by the sliding door where the 3' section is and perhaps one in the range base. However we don't know how to find out what size we need/should order.

Current Kitchen

Hopefully Final Design

Comments (8)