SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
munkos

BAD dog!!

munkos
17 years ago

Last night we were watching TV, and munching on chips and dip. We both got up at the same time, took the beagle with us, babygated her out of the living room while we were doing our separate things.

We come back in, start watching TV and the boyfriend just goes "Uhh...oh,no!" and I see the beagle licking clean a VERY empty dip container that barely had any gone when we left. I knew it couldn't have been her, because that meant she would've done it right infront of us, in less than 30 seconds.

As soon as I picked up the container, big guy rolled onto his side, put his ears back and wouldn't look at me. This is the biggest tellatale sign he knows he's in big trouble.

So I panic, because it was onion dip. With onions in it. But I guess the boyfriend didn't know onions were bad for dogs until he met me, and big guy has had onion lots before, and it never affected him, and he's fine this morning.

He never takes anything off the coffee table, or anywhere. He will get into the garbage if he's left alone, so we keep him gated out of the kitchen. But this is the third thing in 3 weeks. He ate an entire full bag of licorice the other day. I never even thought I would need to put licorice up, I guess I do, though. And he ate beef jerky. Which was our mistake, thats one thing he absolutely loves, and didnt suprise me when he did it.

It took him less than 5 minutes to decide he was bored, and eat the whole container of dip. What a little bugger! The worst is that we can't stay mad at him. If he's on his side cause he knows he's in trouble, and you say "What'd you do?" he looks at you and just wags the tip of his tail. Or he'll come over a few minutes later and put his head in your lap and wag a bit.

Things like this just make me wonder what goes on in those furry little heads sometimes!

Comments (20)