SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilovecookie

Need Help with Bedding... for 4-Poster Bed

ILoveCookie
10 years ago

I am totally at a loss about what to do with the bedding for my new Sheraton bed frame. Pictures attached... Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Here is the bed frame in reality. The box spring will sit on the slats, which in turn sit on the angle irons.

Here is the bed with mattress and box spring. I temporarily covered the side of the box spring with a red sheet. There is less than 1" gap between the box spring and the side rail (on each side), and I cannot easily pull anything thick through the gap.

Here is the bed with our temporary comforter on the top. My initial thought was to replace my comforter with a quilt (or blanket), and cover the entire bed with a huge custom-sized bedspread, and put the bedspread inside the side rails and footboard.

So I tried my initial idea by putting our existing throw inside the side rails. Then I realized it's not an easy task as I thought would be, due to the small gap between the box spring and the side rails. If husband and I have to make the bed this way every day, I don't know how long I can keep my sanity. I am not even sure if the side rails and footboard and angle irons are supposed to be exposed or covered up by bedding.

Here is the other solution I had in my mind after trying the above...just cover everything up with a giant bedspread, including side rails and footboard. The only problem with this approach is, the bedspread won't drape nicely where the posts are.

What do you think? I want to hear your ideas! Thank you very much!

This post was edited by ILoveCookie on Wed, Mar 19, 14 at 12:06

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH