SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gobruno_gw

It's not the same paint! What would you do? (x-post)

gobruno
14 years ago

So, I posted before about how we thought the paint on the walls was not the paint we chose. It turns out we were right. We took a can of the paint that was sprayed on the walls to SW and had them color match it. Although it was close, it wasn't exactly the same. It had 1/32 of yellow in it, when the color we chose has no yellow. It also had less of deep gold in it. Anyway, it is pretty close, but the walls have a little bit of brightness to it that's pretty subtle, but we feel like we notice. The paint is sprayed literally all over the house (ceilings and walls), and we feel like when there's that much of the paint, the difference becomes more noticeable. Do you think it's all in our heads? We are so reluctant to repaint bc it would set back our schedule, and we are telling ourselves it's really not that bad. At the same time, we feel like it's got a tad of brightness that we weren't expecting. When the guy at SW saw it, he immediately said, oh, that (the color on our walls) is a little brighter. The painter got the paint somewhere else that makes SW colors and not at SW. So, I guess that's why it's a little off. I don't want to be too demanding. Would it be unreasonable to ask to repaint?

Comments (9)