SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiger123542

How do I train my adualt pomerainan he is just over a year old

tiger123542
12 years ago

My dog zues just turned a year old last November iv had him since he was a puppy and he has always slept in my bed with me and is potty trained however he is never home alone because I live with my grandma and he has never been in a kennel but I am moving out next week and moving in with my boyfriend zues is of course coming with me but my boyfriend gets a new puppy a week after we move into our new house and zues will be left alone at home now because we both work my boyfriend is planning on crate training his dog and I believe it would be best if I started to get zues to go into crate training so I do not come home to a mess but iv tried putting him in a crate before and he barks and barks for hours on end and he will also go to the bathroom after being in there for any longer than a half hour and I know that the kennel is not to big obviously this is why we did not stick with the crate for more than a week I believe that zues thinks he is the alpha he will sit stay shake and jump up on command but will not come and will try to lead when we go for walls he also barks at everything and has trouble adjusting to a new dog for the first week he's not aggressive just scared of them if anyone has any tips on how I can try to correct done of this behavior please let me know especially if it helps make him more comfortable with the crate training or other dogs iv considered obeidieance training but the closest class is an hour and a half away live in a small town that does not offer these classes anywhere closer

Comments (7)