SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aloha2009

Please Vote Even If It's Not November

11 years ago

I'm hoping I can get some feedback and votes on which way others would go if you were confronted with this decision.
Except for one set of cabinets, it looks like IKEA cabinets will work perfectly. We do have one awkward area that I'm not sure what will ultimately LOOK the best.
I need 42" of cabinets preferably drawers, but IKEA doesn't have EXACTLY what we want -- two 21" three drawer cabinets. The 3 options that we could do with IKEA are:

1. Two 21" cabinets each with a top drawer, door with 2-3 pull outs in each cabinet.
2. One 24" three drawer cabinet and one 18" 4 drawer cabinet
3.One 24" three drawer cabinet and one 18" 3 drawer cabinet

Option 1 provides great storage but we'd have the 2 motions of opening the cabinet door and then having to pull out a drawer. This would make both cabinets "less than optimum "for convenience.

Option 2 provides all easy storage. Knowing that if I went with most brands of cabinets, I could have selected two 21" drawer cabinets seems like a consolation configuration. The 4 drawers though seems to mix it up, and may not look so patched. This would be our only 4 drawer stack.

Option 3 too provides all easy storage and with cabinet drawers heights more suited to what we need. Again knowing that if we went with most brands of cabinets, I could have selected two 21" cabinets seems like a consolation configuration. This one especially seems like it might be obvious that other sizes should have been selected (two 21" cabinets) since they have the same drawer heights.

In case it helps your vote the wall of cabinets this would go on is.

42" of whatever we decide
24" dishwasher
36 sink cabinet
18" trash pull out
24" three drawer cabinet
24" three drawer cabinet

Thanks for taking the time to help with this.

Comments (11)