SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brutuses

Feline diabetes, what food do you feed?

brutuses
15 years ago

I have a cat that has been diagnosed with feline diabetes. I'm not really sure it's an accurate diagnosis because she's been under a great deal of stress being hospitalized for an upper respiratory and other infection. She's on heavy duty antibiotics that the vet tells me could cause her blood sugar levels to rise.

In the event after she comes home and we test her sugar and the diagnosis is accurate, I want to find out what the best food is to feed her.

I went to visit her today and was upset to learn the vet is feeding her some cheap food I'd never even feed my cats at home. His way of saving money. I also saw they had no towel or any type of comfortable bedding for her to lie on, only a thin layer of newspaper in the bottom of a metal cage. I brought her a bed so she'd be more comfortable. I believe in order for her to recover she needs to be treated with kindness and care. I don't understand these heartless vets whose only goal is to get rich. That's another story.

Anyway, if you have some recommendations on foods that your diabetic cat likes, please let me know. Thanks so much for your comments.

Comments (15)