SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mountaineergirl_gw

Minor kitchen remodel

mountaineergirl
13 years ago

I've been meaning to post pics before now, but taking them and uploading them seems so time consuming! So here's a few pics from my phone that I finally uploaded...

No new cabinets. Maybe someday I'll get to have a custom cabinet maker to make me new doors but for now I'll live with them. They are sturdy, 3/4" shelving/dovetail drawers but are covered with thermofoil - which cleans up really easy but does feel "plasticy" to touch.

Anyhow, replaced white laminate with emerald pearl, 80 sq feet. New sink (Ticor), new faucet (Delta pull down, forget the name) and new lights. And LED undercabinet lighting that I absolutely LOVE!

So here is the old...

and the "new"

The UCL looks bluer in the pics than in real life. They are a bright white (neutral white) from environmnetallights.com. Fairly easy to install, and they dim.

I love my new faucet, and my stainless sink. Its a 60/40 - 8" and 10" deep, with grids. I don't have a pic of it close-up. the backsplash is Lowe's 3X6 subway tile for $.23 each and paid a tiler $200 for installation.

Of course, I love my granite and UCL the best of all.

My next purchase will be an induction range and matching OTR microwave (I know, really frowned upon but I like them)

My dishwasher is 12 years old, so will probably do all three at the same time. Fridge had to be replaced last year, we got a white FD, bottom freezer drawer and really like it. I guess I don't have any pics of it - its located across from the end of the peninsula.

So that's it! Totaled around $10K, with $8K being the granite. Rest was lighting, paint, backsplash, sink, faucet. and window valances.

Comments (10)