SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sally2_gw

What's wrong with me, I did it again! DH isn't going to be happy

sally2_gw
17 years ago

Another stray kitty showed up at work today, and I walked over to it, fully expecting it to run away (wishful thinking), but it didn't. She allowed me to pick her up, and was totally comfortable being held and carried around. She's a black, short haired kitten, I'm guessing anywhere from 10 weeks to 14 weeks, maybe. It's hard to tell, because she's rather thin. She's almost too thin, but sort of at that border of just thin and too thin. Her ease with being held makes me think she might have a home, but she's really rather bony to be being cared for by someone, or at least, well cared for. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll take her to the free neuter clinic on Monday to get her spayed, but I think I may have to re-release her after her recovery. I just don't want to take on another cat. We have six plus one outside stray that we feed. I'm sure our other cats don't want another one, and I'm even more sure DH doesn't, and we really can't afford another one. So, I'll try to adopt her out. The problem is that most of the cats we have are cats we were going to foster, but got too attached to give them up. I'm just not good at that sort of thing. Well, I'll at least get her fixed and get her her shots, and put her on waiting lists. I just wish black cats were more adoptable.

Wish me luck!

Sally

Comments (20)