SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blurush

serious cat vomiting (bile)

blurush
15 years ago

My cat (not even 1 yr old) has been throwing up bile lately. She is not eating. Sometimes she licks the food in very small amounts. She has lost weight but she's not all skin & bones.

Two times this has happened: I gave her tuna and she ate some. 5 hours later, she's fine. All of a sudden, she throws up bile (with some mucus). Happened yesterday & two days ago.

What is bile a sign of? It seems like whenever we give her something to eat, she throws up.

In case there is something in her intestines, we are giving her grass gel to break up the possible object in the intestine and have it transferred out the stool. (She pooped today) but she doesn't seem much better.

She's inactive, doesn't want to eat (it seems like she WANTS to eat the food, but she's scared D:), and throws up occasionally. We are SO scared of giving her anything at all because we don't want her to throw up & lose more weight.

*****VET********

We took her to the vet once - they did blood tests (negative) and xrays (all clear). They gave us prescription food (which she ate ONCE and only about a teaspoon) and amoxicillin and nausea pills. (She wouldn't take the pills and made these horrible howls when we tried to)

I KNOW we should take her to the vet again, believe me.

But what tests are you almost positive will help me find the cause of why she is doing this???????

Please let me know of likely diseases or causes of my cat's condition.

Comments (8)