SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katiejean23

Cat lost, now found. Need help!

katiejean23
15 years ago

I have a question - unfortunately I hope none have you have experienced losing a pet (not passing away, just gone!)But, if you have, I hope you were lucky enough to find them.

On Valentines day our cat went missing. We searched and searched to no avail. Well, we found a coyote in our backwoods on a trail camera and thought for sure, that was where the cat had disappeared to. We were devastated. Well, low and behold I leave to go out this morning and I get about a mile away from home, and there's my cat, hanging out with a man in his front yard doing yard work. I flipped! I pulled in and asked if it was his, he said no but it had been around for a little while so he was feeding it, but could tell it was someones cat. So, I get out and pick her up and she was meowing rather loud. I put her in the car and headed home. I stuck her in the garage because I knew I had to get going to my appointment and when I came home I put her leash on her and took her outfront to see the dog. (Our neighbors abandoned their cat and dog and we've had them for some time) Well, she had NOTHING to do with the dog that she'd lived with for 9 years. She wouldn't even pay attention to her, and this was her best friend. She ate some food, but was no longer the loving cat I had known for so long. Do you think she is just confused? Will she ever be the cat I have known for so long? She is scared and frightened of me :( Any advice?

Comments (8)