SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quasifish

My old CRF girl is gone :(

quasifish
12 years ago

Thought I'd post here because I've referenced Muddy, AKA Muddy Buddy, enough times on this forum over the years.

She was a tortoishell and lived with a multitude of health problems, mainly kidney disease and hyperthyroidism, over the past 6 years.

I took her to the vet about 2 weeks back (she had been in 2 months before and about every 3 months for the past 6 years) because she was not doing well and we came to the conclusion that she was getting to the point of no return. She was such a tough little cat at just over 5 lbs at the end, and she would not quit. She stopped eating the day before we decided to let her go, and one of her legs began to swell (the vet said it looked like her circulatory system was starting to fail as well), but despite that she just kept willing herself to go on to the point that she was still jogging outside just a few hours before we had to go to the vet's. As tired and worn out as she was, she just kept on pushing herself.

The vet was great and she passed so peacefully. I will miss her. With all her health problems she took up a bit of my time during the day and especially at night right before bed time, now I just don't know what to do with myself. It should be a relief to not have to do those things anymore, but the automatic compulsion to go give her medications, or fix her bed time meal, or give her sub-q fluids will probably be with me for a while.

She was 18 years old and I'd like to think she had a great kitty life, but she leaves a huge hole in her wake and I will miss her more than I could ever imagine.

Thanks for listening- both now and over the years.

Vickie

Comments (9)