SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeeeeleeeeete

My old calico girl

Debbie Downer
10 years ago

My old calico (my namesake - Kashka the Kat) has taken a turn for the worse- wont eat or drink today, not even the old standbyes like tuna juice. .This on top of several weeks/months/years of going downhill - failing kidneys - some lung/pulmonary thing that my vet thinks either is a heart condition or the c word (cancer). The only way to be sure was to take her in for a biopsy and surgery and the question was did we want to put her through that.

And did I mention that she celebrated her 22nd birthday recently - she was born July 11, 1991 in my closet, one of two surviving kittens of the homeless mom cat I was fostering. Im not sure what happened, several were born dead and one other died soon after. I used to hold her 5 wks old in the palm of my hand, on her back and rub her little white belly.

I am debating whether to try to get water/food down her with a plastic syringe or do I leave her be.... what would she want....?

Or has she made her choice and is she telling me and I just don't want to hear it.....

I think of her how she always curled up next to my head purring all night -in her prime she had the type of purr you could hear in the next room it was so loud - for how many years, my companion for so long.... I feel like my heart is breaking.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County