SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jnjmom_gw

Countertop Crisis... Case of the missing slab...

jnjmom
15 years ago

A month ago I went to tag my slabs at a granite yard, fell in love with a gorgeous Kashmir Gold with lots of quartz in it. Tagged three slabs, went on my merry way.

Last Friday, the fabricators came and templated for my countertops. They are supposed to be installed tomorrow.

Only, we have a slight crisis (and by slight, I mean MAJOR). I asked them to send me a picture (thank GOD) of the template before they cut as there was one part of the stone I wasn't wild about. When I opened up the photo -- it was NOT my slab. Not even close.

No one knows what happened, but I'm going to the stone yard with the lady I've been working with from the fabricator first thing in the morning (over an hour away) to try to solve the case of the missing slab. The fishy part is that MY tag is on the slab that ain't my slab (I watched them tag MY slabs). Therefore, someone had to take the tag off my gorgeous slab and put it on the not so gorgeous slab...

My slab:

The yucky one they sent that makes me wanna vomit:

I know it's all going to be ok, it always works out in the end, but I'm trying not to freak out -- prayers appreciated :o)

Moral of the story -- always ask to see the template BEFORE they cut, and always take pics of your slab so you have something to stand on.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths