SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
noellabelle

My 5 yr old budding home decorator

noellabelle
13 years ago

We did some Easter decorating yesterday, and my kids helped make stuff and put it up.

My 3 yr old ds helped me make a jellybean wreath and topiaries, mostly by eating them.

But my middle dd started commandeering some of the stuff in the Easter box and disappeared upstairs. She has autism, and as typical with people on the sprectum, she tends to have strong specific interests in sometimes unusual things (it used to be the treads of shoes; she'd get lost in the patterns). She has a current obsession with chairs and home stuff, as she calls it. She gets pretty excited with our kitchen remodel and furniture rearranging, and she loves to look at pics I've taken during the process and find what's different. Since I'm also pretty obsessed with "home stuff", I think it's sweet that she has such an interest in it.

Anyhoo, this is what I found up in her room (I just put this table up there, it will be painted soon). I don't know if it's b/c my dh is away this week, but I thought it was too cute that she included a dollhouse daddy in her decorating!

And we came close to running out of jelly beans, but made it work (5 bags worth!)

Comments (11)