SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theresa6

Nursery part 2. Found a color, now it doesnt match my bedding!

theresa6
14 years ago

I posted a bit ago about trying to find just the right color for our nursery. Since we are adopting, we don't know if the baby will be a boy or girl or when he/she will be coming home.

The room gets loads of natural light and is pretty small, so I was looking for just the right creamy beige that had a bit of yellow to it. I tried samples of 4 different yellows and everything turned intensely neon on there for some reason.

Fast forward and I finally found my paint; Fresh aire honey sand. I did not pick the paint because of the no VOCs but because I loved the color. That being said, I would definately not recommend this brand of paint; it felt thin and slippery and did not have very good coverage IMO. Anyway... moving on!

I love love love the color in the room. It does exactly what I hoped it would do. It is warm and not too vibrant, but still has some depth to it. It feels comfortable and cozy. Problem? Its not a perfect match for my beding!This color pulls more beige, almost pink or orange (not really, but not too yellow either) There is a bit of cream in the bedding, but it also has yellows at are cooler. I want to do a nature theme in there (birds, trees, etc). So I am torn. It took me weeks to find the perfect color. I love it, and don't want to change it. I feel the same about my bedding! I wonder if i can make them work together?

I'll stop talking now and show pictures :)

here is the painting in progress:]

{{!gwi}}

here it is all finished (2 coats)

{{!gwi}}

and here it is with the crib bumper

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

it is hard to see the color differences in the pictures. It is slight, but there. You can see it even more with the crib quilt that has more yellows in it. This is the set:

http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=167&f=5558

any thoughts?

Comments (7)