SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karin_2015

heavy bar stools+new wood floors=anxiety

karin_2015
14 years ago

Despite being overwhelmed by my the amount of renovation dust in my kitchen, I've decided to turn my focus to things I can attempt to control...such as preventing my hardwood from being scraped up. Which brings me to my question:

Once this dust is gone and I'm actually functioning in my perfect, brand new kitchen (*click Ruby red shoes here*) is there any product that anyone has found to help protect floors (hardwood, oak) from being scratched by pretty darn heavy metal barstools? I've owned these barstools for 5 years, despite never owning a "bar/island" area to accommodate them---one of those, "well at least SOMEDAY they'll match the dining table and wine rack" purchases---so anyway, would some mat thing just look silly? Any other products that would work? Should I buy lighter stools?

Basically it's two bar-height stools that will go on my 2 level island in the middle of the kitchen. I also know about those fabric-pads you can stick to the bottom of chairs but I'm worried they might not hold up with the back and forth sliding motion. I'm also expecting the island to be a popular seating area...

Thanks for your help!

Comments (6)