SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suesan_2008

Need to stop it fast: new cat terrorized

suesan_2008
15 years ago

Well I am so disappointed with someone who left me a young kitty to look after while she moved and then told me she can't take her back due to 1 pet rule in her new digs (she must have known before & even got this cat while she knew she was going to move), and that I should to take her to the SPCA. No way can I do that. Cats aren't toys to be thrown away when it's inconvenient. Anyway this will be cat number 4. She's a sweetheart and of coarse I've become attached. Problem is one of my other cats, Cricket, is seriously jealous or territorial, and chases new kitty away from me and hisses at her etc, upsetting her a lot. New kitty is so gentle, sensitive and low key, she didn't upset other 3 cats at all - none of the usual transitional spats have happened. But Cricket never came to get along well with any of the others either. It's only been a few days with the new kitty. Is there anything I can do right now so this does not happen again, or is not as bad. I still give Cricket lots of attention etc. Thank you.

Comments (10)