SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Another update on the kitty I got last fall

3katz4me
10 years ago

She is doing really well. My last challenge after all the parasites and litter box problems was dealing with the scratching - both the humans and the furniture. She has done remarkably well with no longer scratching the furniture. This is the most amazingly trainable cat I've ever had. She is very responsive to my "good kitty" voice along with petting her when she does the right thing. She seems to really want to be a good kitty and doesn't like to be in trouble.

She's now scratching on two scratching posts and two of those cardboard things. I also have a great big cat tree and she tears across the floor and up the side of that thing like a real tree.

I'm still a little challenged with clipping the claws. I really need to make a point of doing it when she's asleep because I can do pretty well before she realizes what's going on. She rarely sleeps during the day though unlike my older cats so I need to seize the moment when she does.

She will be a year old next month and is still full of energy. We haven't had a cat this young in a very long time and she is so fun and very sweet. Here's a picture of her helping me with my work one day.

Comments (12)