SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

update on my not so new any more kitty

3katz4me
10 years ago

My new little kitty, Maggie, isn't so new any more and also not so little. I got her in October when she was seven months old so have had her almost four months. As you may recall she had lots of litter box issues (didn't use it consistently), lots of intestinal parasites and loose stools and last but not least lots of scratching on furniture and other good stuff.

I'm happy to say she is completely over the litter box problem. This is such a relief as I got more than a little feedback that sometimes they might never get over that. I'm sure it had to do with the parasites and diarrhea and that is all resolved now too.

We are still working on the scratching problem. The two sided sticky stuff worked well in preventing her from scratching on things and she seems to be taking to those flat textured cardboard scratchers. I'm still struggling with clipping the claws but I sneaked up on her when she was asleep yesterday and had great results. Aside from being too slow to get anything done before she started squirming, I think I also wasn't clipping them short enough - too worried about cutting down to the quick.

Anyway, all is going well thankfully. I had to return the cat I adopted before this one (didn't get along well with the others) and I really wanted this one to work out since she is such good buddies with my other cat.

Here she is (top) with her buddy (below) on their new cat tree.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH