SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linds14_gw

Sudden dog urination on bed

Linds14
13 years ago

I have a one year old Poodle mix puppy..I love him to death, but am so frustrated with him. He has been potty-trained pretty well since we got him when he was about 5 months old with only an occasional accident in the house when he didn't get to go outside for a while.

Suddenly, however, he has been pottying in the house, and is going on our bed. The other night I took him out to potty about an hour before bed and he went pee, then when we went to bed he jumped down and pee'd all over the floor. I cleaned it up and we went back to bed, then he went above my pillow (he likes to lay there occasionally) and started peeing all over my pillow right above my head (luckily I jumped up quickly and he didn't get any on me!) That was two nights ago. Today I took him out right away when we woke up (which is what I do every morning) and he pee'd right away, then came in the house and 10 minutes later pee'd on the living room floor. Now tonight I was all excited because I bought a new bed-set and put it on the bed, so my hubby was laying on the bed and I was standing next to it and I was literally saying "I hope the dog doesn't potty on the bed with our new comforter on it!" when the dog jumped up and pee'd right in front of us on it. He has never done anything like this before. As soon as he was done he ran right to his kennel because he knew he was in trouble.

I don't know what to do with him! I do plan on taking in a urine sample to the vet in the next day or so, as soon as I get a chance. But could this be a problem besides an infection?

He ALWAYS pee's on my moms bed at her house too. We can't get him to stop doing that either. Does he just have a thing for beds? And I hate to admit it, but I get very upset and yell at him and give him a spanking...I probably shouldn't do that..but I get so frustrated and am not sure how to handle this...HELP!

Comments (7)