SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
country_bumpkin_al

update on jasdip's mom!!!!!

country_bumpkin_al
13 years ago

She asked me to post here. I'm just going to copy/paste the emails.

We're here at the hospital.

Mom had left the CCT last weekend and was on the 9th floor on the surgical floor.

We saw her Saturday and Sunday and she was doing great.

Today she started hemorraghing again. They took her to the CCT unit, and now she's in Radiology. They're trying to determine where the bleeding is originating from so they can stop it. They did a cat scan and her abscess/mass is surrounded by blood.

Her stent also has blood all around it.

Her small intestine, which should be "so" big around is much larger. The walls have been eaten away. They don't know if the bleeding is coming from the abscess, her arteries, the stent or what.

The dr said on Saturday that he's 75% certain she has cancer and it's eating/affecting her organs.

The top priority is finding and stopping the source of the bleeding. They have already put 4 units of blood in, her BP dropped and her Heart rate is elevated, but that's okay.

Her hemoglobin is low as well.

So here we are, praying that she comes out all right.

Little while later, I got this email! They sure need our thoughts and Prayers!!!

We just spoke with the doctor. He was able to put a stent in to stop the bleeding.

The bleeding was catastrophic and massive.......worse than on Nov.9 when she was flown here.

She was recovering....she didn't have surgery, she was awake, and they just used a fine needle, etc to fix it. They were getting ready to move her when she became unresponsive.

He thinks she had a stroke......either minor or massive they don't know yet.

She's in CT scanning her brain. Even if the scan looks good, it could take 48 hours before she shows sign of a massive stroke. She's in serious, serious condition.

He said "If she survives, it'll be miraculous."

Comments (27)