SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mboston_gw

Neighbors bring animals into neighborhood and leave them

mboston_gw
17 years ago

I have some neighbors that love to bring animals they find elsewhere back into our neighborhood and then let them loose. They have brought two cats that I know of, one adopted a neighbor down the street so she has a home now and has been fixed. Now another cat has shown up and roams the neighborhood. What really bothers me is that this cat is really friendly and must have been someone's pet that stayed inside at least part of the time. When I stepped out into my garage one day, the cat nearly leaped inside my house with my two puppies right there! It isn't afraid of dogs, just looks at them as it walks by. It sat outside my front door the other day and MEOWED for hours. Of course, my dogs had a fit the whole time!

It is pretty skinny but I think it goes to a couple houses that have outdoor cats and eats from their dishes.

I am not a cat person, allergic to them in fact but I feel really sad for this pretty one. I don't know if it is a female or male. I called my vet who does take in strays and runs free ads in the paper but they only take more when their cage is empty and they have a litter of kittens now.

The SPCA is full too so I don't know what to do. If I catch the cat and run an ad, I have no info to give anyone who calls. I have talked to quite a few people in the subdividison and no one claims the cat or wants it.

I asked the girl who supposedly brought it home if it was hers and she said no. I told her I was going to try to find a home for it and she said go ahead. This is the same family who neglected the bunny last summer by not giving it water or food and leaving it in a cage in the 90+ temps and the same family that brought home a puppy they found along a road and tried to sell it for $100.00

They ended up keeping the dog so kudos to them.

Anyone want a cat? LOL

Comments (4)