SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

I'm BAAAACCCKKK....and I don't know a thing!

annie1992
14 years ago

CC, they let me wear my own clothes, never did give me a gown, so it was a good start.

Radioactive dye, wait. Pictures, hook me up. Wait. The doc came in with a couple of techs, checks my heart and lungs, says he can still hear some "squeaks" in my lungs but he figures I'm OK to go. Turn on the treadmill. Doc and I chat about family genetics while I walk. He figures it will take "about 5 minutes" to get my heart rate up to 140. A couple of minutes later, they turn it up, I walk faster, talk to doc about my brother who has already had two heart attacks, my 34 year old cousin who died of a heart attack, my father's genetic legacy. Doc decides that I "have way too much air" and turns the machine up. I step it up a little and we talk about horses and farming. Heart rate 128. LOL He turns it up. Finally, 9 minutes and 45 seconds into it my heart rate hits 140 and he smiles and says "you don't just sit around much, do you?". Nope. They injected more dye, I ran two more minutes and the doc said he wanted to part on good terms so I could stop. Fastest heart rate 152. He asked if I was OK and I told him I had a 4 year old grandson, they sure weren't going to be able to kill me.

Doc smiled, said everything looked pretty good from the test but the pictures would go to the cardiologist. I have a follow up appointment Tuesday at 4:30.

And my knees are killing me! Hey, at least it makes my chest feel better. Soooooo, Elery and I came home and cleaned the house, shampooed the carpet and mopped the kitchen, so Sherry and Peppi can visit on Saturday. It was either that or buy enough wine to make sure they didn't notice!

Thanks for all the good thoughts, we'll see what happens on Tuesday, I guess. Absolutely not even a hint about the "pictures", but they didn't rush me anywhere for anything and I figure if I was going to drop right over they probably wouldn't have let me run for 10 minutes!

magothyrivergirl, definitely change the way your DH eats. Dad didn't, he was a very bad example, didn't do a darned thing he was told. I was thinking of him, and Chase, and RiverRat this morning .....

Annie

Comments (40)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert