SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellaflora_gw

Paisley is for old ladies?

bellaflora
15 years ago

I recently got a new Ralph Lauren sofa. It's the Camden sofa in a rust/green/green paisley prints. Originally, I'd wanted to reupholster the sofa in maybe a velvet or mohair but considering that the upholstery fabric is in pristine condition, it seems such a waste.

DH thinks Paisley is for old ladies -- He was so disgusted by the prints that he wanted to drive it straight to the uphosterer, w/o even stopping by at the house. (He was picking it up for me). I personally don't think it's all that bad but I'm always so in love w/ Ralph Lauren's style. Anyhow, do you think I can change his mind & save this sofa by updating it w/ throw pillow? Maybe in velvet, plaid, or leather? I supposed you can also tell me the truth that, yike, it looks dated & there's no cure. :-)

I'm so used to the PB's/RH's look of beige plain couch that I'm actually at a loss of what to do w/ such a richly patterned couch!

I can't take the pix of the couch yet because it's banished to my garage (along w/ my other beloved furniture that has yet gained HRH' approval hahah..:-)

Here's link to the fabric (from RH site)

Here is a link that might be useful: Traquaire Paisley

Comments (29)