SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reets22

An Old Lady's Morning

seniorgal
3 years ago

Woke up about 7:30. Good! I slept well.

Now I hear a beeping sound! H-m-m it seems to be my clock. Yes, the alarm which I never use, is beeping. I hit the off button and it stops. I get up, go to the bathroom, and then retrieve the morning paper from the hall.

H-m-m-m I hear beeping again. Back I go to the bedroom try to read the black on black titles on the various clock buttons. Find one that I think will turn the alarm off for good. I push it and go to the kitchen to make my morning coffee. Prepare the Keurig and push its button. Put bread in the toaster. Coffee doesn't start. I push the buttons again--I think it's working now.

Toast is up. I butter it and put on some jam. Looks good!!

Get my mug of coffee and go to refrigerator to get half and half. Where is it??? I search and search. Aha! there it is at the very back of the top shelf. My helper must have moved it yesterday.

I try to reach it. Too far back. I slide out the shelf and retrieve it. When I push the shelf back I spill a small, covered container of soup. I am unable to bend down and wipe it up so I grab a hand towel and manage to do a fair job with my foot..

Reach in the drawer for the cover to my mug. Not there. Look in dishwasher. Not there. Look in all the drawers, not in any of them. Oh, well forget it, I put mug on my walker and walk very carefully to my chair so it doesn't splash.

What???? My clock is beeping again!! It will have to beep while I have my coffee and toast . I settle into my chair and open the puzzle page of the morning paper. Reach for my erasable pen and try a few words. Pen isn't working. Try a regular pen and it works. A-h-h-h breakfast and puzzle at last. And it is only 8:30!

Comments (18)