SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
viennahoosie

Kitchen Layout & Tile/Countertop Selection Advice

13 years ago

Hello Kitchen Design Experts and Enthusiasts!

I am designing a kitchen for our new home. It's both very exciting and very scary at the same time. You spend so much time and expense on something and you hope it'll turn out right. I am searching for help on two topics:

1. Kitchen Layout - Will you please review the layout pictures and let me know what you think? We have 2 islands and I'm hoping it'll work out space-wise.

2. Tile and Countertop Advice - We are going to be putting in chocolate maple cabinets. I love Jeffrey Court's Fire & Ice Quartzite for our backsplash (I was inspired by Morton5!), so we will definitely be going with the Fire & Ice. I'm not sure what to choose for countertops. For the perimeter I was thinking of going with CeasarStone Cinder

(http://www.caesarstoneus.com/catalog/product.cfm?ProductID=97).

For the two islands, I have tentatively chosen Barricato granite. Will it go with the Ceasarstone perimeter and the Fire & Ice backsplash? Is it OK that perimeter and island are different? Here's a picture I took at the granite yard, though it is a little blurry.

Lastly, where do I go with floor tile from here? Something that's creamy or something that matches the countertop? Or something that goes with the backsplash. Not sure what the rule of thumb is here. Our tile provider prefers either Emser or Daltile for flooring.

Thanks in advance for everyone's advice. It is much needed and much appreciated!

Here is a link that might be useful: Morton5 Kitchen

Comments (16)