SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lady_iles

Need help with counter top selection

lady_iles
14 years ago

This is my first post here--I am new but I have been a "lurker" for the past month or so.

We are in the process of building our first home. It is almost time for us to pick our counter tops and we just can't seem to make up our minds. Because this is a Habitat Home, our only option for countertops (for now) is Laminate.

I have looked at several samples both online and in stores, and I really like the Wilsonart HD Line. I just can't seem to decide on one though. My husband and I have been going round and round over this--he wants dark (the color he picked was Bahia Granite by Wilsonart) and I just don't like it. I want something maybe a bit lighter, and I want it to have depth, and interest and I HATE that flat, matte finish that is so characteristic of laminate. (Which is why I really like the HD line.)

The cabinet color we chose is called "Java Oak". It looks like the 3rd color from the left of this picture:

{{!gwi}}

There's not a whole lot of light in the Kitchen, and just one window so it's not very bright. I like the look of a darker countertop, but I don't want it to look too dark and dreary.

I would welcome any suggestions, advice, ideas, pictures, etc. that you all may have. I am going a bit nuts trying to figure it all out.

Thanks!

~Michelle

Comments (5)