SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
warmfridge

Analysis Paralysis has set in

warmfridge
14 years ago

I can't make decisions anymore. Advice appreciated.

Countertop color??? My kitchen is an L with an island in the corner of a great room. Natural oak cabs, black appliances, floor is vinyl that looks like tile with mottled medium green and cream. I want an anthracite Silgranit sink and dark green countertops (haven't decided on granite or quartz yet), but I can't decide if this combination will be too dark. The room gets a lot of natural light but the countertop area doesn't. There are lights in the hood, over the sink, and over the island, and I'm adding recessed ceiling lights over the counters. Also planning on a light colored backsplash. Opinions? Too dark, yea or nay? Looking at internet pictures isn't helping.

Next decision...faucet. Existing light fixtures and hardware throughout room are antique brass. I need a low-profile faucet because of the window right behind the sink, so I've been looking at pull-outs. None of the well-known faucets companies make pull-out faucets in AB. Should I go with a faucet from a company my plumber's never heard of, uncertain of quality and/or ensuring I will never will be able to get parts, or throw a chrome, SS, or other clashing faucet in with my antiques?

Analysis paralysis...just shoot me.

Comments (3)