SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunnyman_gw

angry with vet and how to complain

bunnyman
17 years ago

The vet himself seemed nice enough but then he sent his idiot helpers to kill my cat. Some of you read my story about Lucky. Looking back I'm angry at myself for not catching on quick enough to save Lucky. Lucky was found injured on the road so of course the vet tech picks him up one-handed. I should have taken my cat and left right then. But no... I waited for them to inject him with cold water. They did this out of my sight but I heard him cry. I should have freaked when he collapsed but I thought it was just weakness from all that extra water. As Lucky continued to die on the way home I just imagined that perhaps they had given him a pain shot. The vet even came back out into the office where I was being asked to pay the bill and looked Lucky over. He could have said a mistake had been made. I was distracted writing the check and didn't give Lucky the attention he needed to live at that moment. I could have put him under my shirt and gave him some body heat. By the time my slow brain firured things out Lucky was saying good-bye to me.

I feel taken advantage of. The vet could have helped Lucky by telling me what they had done. During the exam Lucky was up and walking around for more then 5 minutes. He was playful, affectionate, and purring... then "treatment" where he cries, collapses, and dies. I'm angry with myself for not picking up on major clues. I know better then to trust people and yet I let my guard down. I tried to explain away the reactions rather then hear Lucky's cry for help. That was a couple days ago and I'm still haunted by that sound.

I understand Lucky had problems. I understand even professionals make mistakes. It seems to me the vet should have said something. He knew it was not a reaction to the medication. He even assured me Lucky would be okay. I was taken as an idiot and now I'm angry. Thinking strongly about getting Lucky a lawyer and making the vet's life miserable.

Anyone ever have to deal with a careless and greedy vet? His other trick was to give Lucky Strogid-T which is an oral horse wormer. He said only about 1 in 20 cats die from it... wtf? Tempted to sue him for giving me the wrong bill because I don't have a horse. Not that I want money but the next cat deserves a better chance at life.

So angry with myself. I should have just taken a couple days off work and nursed Lucky along myself. The only thing I really wanted from the vet was fluids. He was injured but I had him up, walking, purring, begging to be petted. Vet had him cold dead within 10 hours after his "treatment".

Sorry if I'm running on and on... just a bit upset. I did call and report that Lucky's "treatment" was a failure. The receptionist that answered the phone is a nice young lady so I really didn't vent my feelings... not her fault.

Comments (10)