SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runsnwalken

Creating a screen/baby gate pet door

runsnwalken
15 years ago

The upstairs to our house currently like most houses has a regular knob shutting wood door, I would like to just shut the door and leave my moms cat Monty upstairs in his own area and have our other 3 cats just go on living as they were before my dad married ( these 3 cats Tom, Bindi, Leopalorn are used to one another) but we had a 4th cat added along with a dog, both owned by my mom.

The reason is one of my cats is very aggressive and dominant personality wise with other cats, and has fought with my moms cat numerous times, last time a massive head abscess on Monty, stretching from between ear to ear was the result.

Trouble is the circulation temperature wise isn't getting up there if door is closed and my mom ( who has mild MS, can walk,) told me new door would be difficult to open.

So I was wondering if its possible is there a way to remove regular door and make an easy open door out of baby gates or screen? that way we can just shut upstairs dor to leave cats separate and air flow wouldn't be restricted..

Right now we've been locking Bindi downstairs in Basement at night. But I'd like to try a kinder solution.

Comments (7)