SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mustangsrwild

Creating Pet/Wheelchair Friendly farm from scratch

mustangsrwild
12 years ago

Hello! Huge, life-changing project just starting and I would appreciate your ideas and suggestions as I start this major rescue/renovation of an old family farmstead in SW OKla. So feel free to chime in with anything you think can help! What would you change or have done at your place?

Basics: Handi-capable Hubby, myself, cats and dogs in a house that needs structural, mechanical and more help on 10 timbered acres. Plus horses on 30 yet-to-be-fenced acres of neglected pasture. Workshop needs cheapest roofing material possible (pond liner?) and horse shelter yet to be determined. (3 sided portable steel?)

I'm researching Craigslist and online for cheapest materials and ways to solve projects. Such as:

Flooring... Vinyl Planking from Lumber Lqdtrs. .79 Sqft.

After removing 30 yr old baby puke colored carpet and linoleum, smoothing out rough spots on plywood underlayment. This will be covered and sealed by glue or bond enhancer as planks are set in place using a heavy roller. I can install this myself and it will be water/pet proof as well as easy for wheelchair rolling. Plus planks can be replaced if damaged.

I look forward to hearing your ideas. Thanks so much! :)

Mustang

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville