SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

You and DH or DW have opposite decorating style

rjinga
14 years ago

What do you do? Here is OUR issue. My DH often makes comments about the furnishings in our home like this "nothing matches, if we ever move to a bigger house I want to have everything match" My typical response is that things dont have to match. I dont want them to match!!! Although I do admit that I DO think some things should match. Like I think it's reasonable for a bedroom set to be a complete set of matching pieces, same color same style etc. And ours does not even remotely fit that bill. So I would want that part of our "new" house to match.

But the LR etc. we just have such different tastes, that it's very very hard to imagine us ever coming to an agreement on what to buy. So when he get's too pushy and thinks he is going to trump my decision making on our furnishings, I tell him, I hope you will be happy in your new home, I'll try to get by and visit as often as I can. ;)

Now I realize even on this forum, there are the "matchy matchy's girls and the never ever matchers. so if you too have a spouse who has a different view from yours, what have you done to find compromise and balance (aka harmony)

Comments (28)