SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sonopoly

Best pizza dough EVER!!!!!

sonopoly
13 years ago

I have been looking for this for a long time, and I think I've finally found it. It is difficult feat, because of all the variables involved. Ann T.s was the best before this, but I like my crust to have a little sweetness and I'm always trying to health up my recipes especially with anything with flour and I always substitute at least som whole wheat flour, which changes the flavor and constitution. ANYWAY, I found this recipe,http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/article/46/17753 , touted as the best pizza dough recipe on earth. I tried it and it was indeed excellent. Then, I read all the comments and saw how his partner improved on it. I can't seem to link it now, but anyway look for Cheri's Pizza Dough. She uses semolina flour (which is used in making pasta). OMG, this made all the difference! It came out PERFECT!!!!!! I bought the semolina flour at Whole Foods in the bulk foods dept.

I didn't ferment the dough because I couldn't wait. I did use my bread make and as soon as my bread maker timer went off, I rolled it, covered it, and baked it, and it was wonderful!

Comments (34)