SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mindstorm_gw

Please suggest a cool blue-gray white paint

mindstorm
17 years ago

There are so many of you here who talk paint like a second language, can "read" tints and hints of color in any shade and I am so hoping you can help me. Ya'll are light years ahead of me in paint color knowledge land.

I painted our North-facing bedroom C2's Icefog about a year ago. Two coats. Icefog is theoretically a very pleasant blue-green-gray. I hate the color. I have never had such a passionate opinion about a color in the blue family but SURPRISE I do now. I followed Jerzeegirl's suggestion that you live with something that you think may be a mistake for a year and if after a year the feelings are still strong, redo it. Well, I don't think I'll make it to a year but I've stuck it out for 8 or 9 months. Did I mention I really hate the color?

Anyhow, I'm now looking for another color. One thing I've confirmed is that I do not like colors - my wardrobe is either blue jeans or white, charcoal gray, pale gray or blue. On walls, I like white although I like shades and hints of color in that white. I would like a cool tinted white with blue or gray in it. I love the color of glass and water and would have asked for suggestions for a blue-green-gray thing going on but I so need to put some distance from this aweful Icefog. I painted our living areas Ralph Lauren's River Rock a while ago and I absolutely love it BUT I'd like to see the blue a bit more prominently than in the RR.

Can any of you advise me on some colors that you know go on and still look like a very pale blue or very pale gray when they go on? I don't want pastel colors - I really want a tinted white. Any suggestions to help focus me would be so much appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance for all your help.

Comments (2)