SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mindstorm_gw

Calling Pirula and/or Housekeeping for Donald Kaufman help

mindstorm
17 years ago

or anyone with Donald Kaufman paint color cards.

So still on the quest for my pale blue-gray paint, I read an article in the NYTimes by a lady also aspiring to the perfect silver-blue (silver, gray what's the diff) and she found paint nirvana with Donald Kaufman's DK37. Well, based on that recommendation, I ordered sample pots of DK37 and a couple of others (6 and 74) based on the online samples from Coxpaint.com coz I was feeling cheap and didn't want to spring for that $75 full color card set when I just wanted a particular pale blue-gray paint.

Anyhow, I ordered the paint from a lady at the key DK East coast distributorship (Color Factory). The woman was a fruit cake - I told her I was looking for a PALE BLUE GRAY color and she kept proposing peach colors or colors that had yellow in it. BUT, and this was a bit scarier - she muttered once or twice that "they've changed the numbers" - methinks she was looking at some other set of cataloging numbers. Anyhow, I got my DK-37 in the mail and it doesn't look anything like a silver blue to me nor does it look like the sample splotch on the coxpaint website (admittedly, monitors and all that) - it looks like a sage. Like DK29 on coxpaint's website. I was wondering if you could possibly confirm for me what DK37 looks like to you? If it is indeed a sage green, I'll shut up.

Also, I ordered sample pots of DK6 and DK74. My samples look completely untinted white. Could you possibly confirm that for me too? Are they both white white? To me it looks like Color Factory forgot to add any pigment to them! Now DK74 is indeed from their white collection but online, DK6 looks even darker than DK37 (but I thought I'd take a chance because Color Factory woman was clearly not much help interpreting colors) so the fact that this looks pure white is suspicious to me.

Thank you so much in advance.

Comments (30)