SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwer2007

PIRULA - questions for you

eleena
16 years ago

Yvette,

You told me you used C2 Archival for silvery gray look.

I clicked on the link on another recent post (cannot remember now which one) and saw pix of you house. Wow, your house is beautiful - I would not change a thing! You have a great taste and an exceptional eye for color!

I have a few questions for you.

Question one.

Do you mind telling me what color you used for your foyer (or whatever you call it by the entrance door)? It looks exactly like the color in my guest room. I just wanted to get a "reference point" to what that silver gray may look like (how dark or light etc.)

When searching posts for C2 paint, I found one from January with subject "Calling Pirula and/or Housekeeping for Donald Kaufman help". Here are two of your quotes from it.

"I didn't even bother looking at the other brands once I found these......." and "I can't remember if I told you or not, I know I posted this somewhere, that DKC paint changes extremely with the second coat".

I couldnÂt find the original post you are referring to where DKC was discussed. We do not have C2 and DKC here, so I have to order online. I donÂt have much time to research every company out there and I trust your opinion.

I have been using BM exclusively in the recent past but I can see that other brands can have more "exquisite" colors. I am picky when it comes to color but not overly. I can see subtle hues that many people donÂt but I probably would not spend half-a-year to find that one "right" color for just one room (though I did spend 6 weeks ones). The bathroom in question is contemporary though not stark contemporary, it is sort of casual with slate-like porcelain floor that looks like stone. It does not have windows and somehow calls for a "subdued" design. For example, when I tried a real Carrara marble sample in there, it looked completely out of place.

I need a color that is sophisticated but not too "up-scaled", not what youÂd use in a high-end living room. E.g., one wouldnÂt use very "rich" colors in a Japanese house ("if you know what I mean..."). This one is supposed to have a slight Japanese "feel" to it. I looked at the pix with rooms painted with C2 colors that somebody posted on THS and they seemed "too much" to me ("too rich" or "too smooth" or "too expensive" or something).

So, my question set number two.

Do you find DKC better than C2? Is there a reason you chose C2 for that room over DKC? How did you decide on the Archival? As you have experience with both brands, which one would you recommend if I want a sophisticated but casual look?

Thank you very much! Your answers are always so wonderful and "right on the money".

Comments (8)