SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ycmom

Overwhelmed: Please Help

ycmom
17 years ago

We are in the last phase of our reno. I need to decide on the painting. I have had a few estimates and the quotes are higher than what we expected. The reno budget is almost depleted. My question is: Has anyone tackled painting their house by themselves? I have about 2000 sq ft that needs to be done which includes, caulking joints and nail holes on crown molding and baseboards and other trim, priming new drywall and other previously painted areas, painting the trim, ceilings and walls. I have painted before, bedrooms and smaller projects but I wonder if I do this will it look 2nd rate next to a professional painters job. We have put lots of time and $$ in this reno, I don't want to cheap out, but then again can I save a little $$ if I do it myself. DH doesn't paint, so this project would basically be my own. Oh, I also wanted to mention that the quotes I have had are based on the painters spraying most everything but the walls. One quote had the painter using a lacquer(sp?) on all of the trim. He would in fact spray the baseboards in his shop and then have the carpenter install them on site and painter would touch up nail holes, joins etc after that. Regardless of the product, the they all claim a nicer end product with spraying and obviously quicker for them.

Comments (15)