SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
connieinnd

City shut water off for part of town

15 years ago

Good gosh for not living by a river we have serious flooding going on. Its gotten worse than horrible over night!

There are lots of people with flooded basements. One couple living in a basement apt said everything was bone dry at 3 am and at 6 am this morning had 3 to 4 inches of water in the apt.One couple (local plumbers) has 3 sump pumps in theirs and still water coming in. One guy has had 2 walls collapse and water pouring in, they won't let him back in the house to get their stuff.

DD and DSIL found out the city has shut off water to the whole NW side of town because of sewer backups. The sanitary sewer is getting into the storm sewer systems.

DS's basement is still dry,DH had taken the Bobcat over a couple weeks ago and moved all the snow away from the house as best he could and pushed it wayyy back into the yard. DB has water coming in on all 4 corners of the house.

There is a raging river of flood waters on the south end of town....there is NO actual river but its coming cross country and everywhere.

Lights are flickering and I-94 is closed in several spots, due to flooding and also this terrible snowstorm! DD and the boys has several feet of snow and they closed the office where she worked before they even opened this morning, flooding also. Hunter STILL had school! My gosh total whiteout conditions there and she went and picked him up said forget it count him absent.

I've always missed having a basement since we moved up here 25 years ago, now I am darn glad I don't have one!

Comments (17)