SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jess111_gw

The installers broke my granite...and is this my stone?

jess111
16 years ago

I am so sad-I thought it would be in today, but they broke a piece taking it off the truck. Now I have one sad little counter section in. Hopefully Benchmark will be back tomorrow to replace it. I chose NVG, since the Santa Cecelia that I wanted was very very orange looking. The NVG I chose looked more like regular Santa Cecelia, so I tagged it at OHM. Now that I see the small piece of counter that's here, I remember that my NVG had horizontal black veining. This stone more appears to have grainig running at an angle, although I don't know how I can tell if it's the right stone. It's hard to tell in the light, but it also seems to have an orangy cast. Benchmark has not yet earned my trust back (we'll see how this goes tomorrow) and I am seriously questioning whether they snuck me the orange SC instead of my NVG stone. Not that it looks bad, but I really can't tell in this light and with just this corner done. I am so over this experience. Is it possible that they did this to get rid of the SC stone they were having trouble moving, or because they didn't get my stone from OHM-am I being paranoid? Unfortunately I did the fast track program so I didn't see my stone prior to install or cut.

Comments (8)