SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladylou_gw

litter training cat (long)

ladylou
17 years ago

We lost our 16 year old cat in Nov. Had no plans on adopting another cat. We have a beagle. We are retired and travel for long periods of time in a Rv. Sue(Beagle) and Little Bit(cat) traveled with us. This spring a litter of kittens showed up in the ditch line 2 blocks for our house. As I would walk Sue one grey kitten would come out on the street to rub noise with Sue. I asked about the kittens and was told that they belonged to a family on the street. As the year worn on the kittens were adopted by neighbors and rumors were that the family was feeding them and they had shelter in a tool shed but that was it. Sue started to stop at the driveway to wait for the grey cat. I told my husband about him. We were gone for weeks at a time during this. Last week all the grandchilden were here. As we all walked Sue the cat strated to follow us longer. The day before the children left he followed us home, about 1 mile. My husband came out, looked down and said "I guess you have a home, Sam" and picked him up. The next thing I knew was that they both were asleep in the recliner. I called several people on that block and they all said that the reason no one had taken the cat was it would not come near anyone. He is setting beside the computer now. If there are mistakes he keeps hitting the keys. We are leaving Feb 1 for 6 weeks. He has to be litter trained by then. We have started with dirt in the litter box and mixing with litter. He is using the box for peeing but is using the dirt in the plants for the other. I have been putting the poo in the litter box. He prefers to go outside which is great if we stayed at home. We have started traning to a leash. All this in 3 days. He goes to the vet tomorrow to be fixed and to be chiped. Sorry this is long but I though that you needed to know about Sam. For a cat that noone could pick up I glad he picked Sue and us.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living