SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

My FPE 'Brown Cafe' is up!!!

Faron79
14 years ago

FINALLY got my LL bath done!!

Finished cutting tape off about midnight Wed.!

(guests coming Christmas Day...hopefully...so DW was holding my feet to the fire!)

...with the new puppy, it's been "H*ll" to try and get something done this Holiday season...

I did some pretty detailed prep:

CEILING-

* Re-textured a ceiling issue above shower after cuttin-out old tape. Filled/sanded/removed dust/spray-primed with Zin Odorless Oil, and resprayed the light popcorn.

* Reprimed that texture with the Odorless-Oil spray.

* THEN...finally rolled on my C2 LOVO ceiling paint, L8150.

>>> I used NO dropcloth...no drips either...

* Removed old caulk around the tub/shower.

* Filling, sanding, and spray-texturing defect areas.

(I had my shower-curtain rod too tight...had to fill divots there!!)

* Washed walls with my trusty Dirtex powder.

* Used Painter's-caulk in vertical corners, and ceiling/wall joints. Corners look nice & smooth now...

* I'm a taper...I can cut-in OK...BUT...not a pro at it.

* Had some Gray C2-One primer, so I used it!

The Walls:

* FINALLY...got to roll on the FPE Eurolux Matte.

* OH MY.....this stuff is sweet!

* It felt TOTALLY dry/hard in a HALF HOUR!!

* Dries pretty fast, so I had to move with a purpose!

* Used the long vertical-sweep technique, after painting a column of 4 "squares".

* Used my 4.5" Wooster "Flip-frame", with 4.5" Wooster Pro-Dooz 3/8" nap sleeves. For smaller areas, this is a neat roller-frame to use!

The FPE Eurolux Paint:

* Not much smell to it! Pleasant to use in a small bath.

* NO drips off a well-loaded roller. Again...NO dropcloth used! There wasn't a SPECK of paint on the floor.

* For a "Matte", it's got a definate sheen...more like an Eggshell.

* The "finish"...hard to describe...it's not a "chalky" looking Eggshell/Matte...more like the look/feel of a Teflon surface.

* It's only been up a day, and I can rub it FIRMLY, and no change in the finish. It just feels "hard & smooth".

>>> Breaking a rule...I'm leaving THIS paint @ 1 coat. It looks PERFECT. Simple as that. I'm thrilled with it!

>>> Now I REALLY understand why I paid a total of $47 (incl. shipping) for the Euroqt.

Faron

Comments (2)