SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bostonpam_gw

fpe on walls with bm color - is it an ok strategy?

bostonpam
12 years ago

Today I visited a local store that carries FPE. Boy, FPE (and their website) is not very consumer friendly. I want to paint one room navy and my dining room a saturated red. Normally I have 6+ samples for each room. FPE pots are extremely limited and 1 liter cans are very expensive ($60+). I already have 70+ pints of BM samples from my other rooms. It would be much easier and cheaper to get samples in BM colors and then have it matched in FPE.

1. Will the colors really match? I hear there is so much more depth with FPE - will the BM color be different in FPE? Or should I pick a "close" color from FPE to the BM color I like.

2. Is FPE worth it for walls? I can see using it for cabinets that take so much abuse but what about walls?

The paint store had only 4 or 5 FPE fandecks and I picked 21 colors of navy from them. I probably could whittle it down to 6 - 8. I hate that there are so many choices and that's not even all FPE fandecks. I've been living with 5 samples of red in my dining room and I'm leaning towards BM 2080-20 Confederate Red. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

Comments (3)