SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peachymomo_gw

I'm looking for feedback on my kitchen design ideas

peachymomo
12 years ago

I am in the early planning stages of a kitchen renovation and I have been looking at lots of inspirational photos and trying to come up with a design. I want the kitchen to be something that I will love but that will also be good for renting in the future. I've come up with a basic idea and I want to bounce it off of some people who I know aren't going to say they think it's nice just to make me happy ;o)

I would like to have a rustic/modern theme, with mind-toned, neutral, earthy colors and natural finishes. Instead of contrast between dark and light I would prefer it to be between warm, wood tones and cool, stone greys. I'm thinking of wood cabinets and either wood or cork floor, quartz counters, glass subway tile backsplash, and stainless steel appliances. Everything would be pretty neutral, but to add interest I was also thinking of bringing in cherry red as an accent color in things like a stand mixer, enameled cast iron pots, etc.

Does that sound crazy? I think it could work, but I'm not entirely sure... Part of me feels like the red would go better in a white and black kitchen, but I personally feel more comfortable in a brown and grey kitchen. The red is important because I got a new Kitchenaid for Christmas and it is a beautiful cherry red and I want to show it off. So my big question is can bright red look good with earth tones?

Comments (5)