SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sewwhatsnew_gw

Just moved in, what color should I paint LR/ceilings PICTURES

sewwhatsnew
15 years ago

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

When I tore down the border I found a deep green color, so I decided to paint white Blox to cover four different paint colors on the walls in the living room. We plan to put a fireplace in, and mount the tv above that. We might tear down the palm tree wall, KD is coming next week. Until those decisions are made I am painting everything one color for the holidays. In my last home I loved Old Salem Gray , now I'm thinking NEUTRAL...carpet is gray, we are installing cherry wood floors and changing trim color to white, I doubt anything will be started till after the new year. What color would you suggest ?? Berber carpet is gray tones. I have considered Manchester Tan would this be too tan for grey carpet?? I would also like to paint the vaulted ceilings. So I'm looking for a color that works with GRAY...and more importantly also with Brazilian Cherry so I don't have to repaint. Currently everything is stained oak, we will be changing trim to white. So far I tried Nantucket Gray, Camouflage, (Wethersford Moss for the sun room) and I haven't liked anything yet. Most neutrals seem to be tan, I don't think I'd like tan with the gray carpet, I'm tempted to paint Old Salem Gray again, I love gray greens, but thought I'd entertain NEUTRAL colors.

Suggestions??? For walls, and ceilings?? Thank you

I do not have any furniture or drapes for this room. PURPLE SEAT covers will be changed ASAP!! Clock has moved to another room. It is the first room you see when you walk in. Not sure if I'll choose white wood blinds or silhouettes for windows. Will need furniture suggestions when we decide if the palm tree wall is staying or coming down.

Comments (4)