SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hayjud_mn

The Dinner that didn't happen!

hayjud_mn
16 years ago

Plans can be so simple, but following through with them isn't always possible.

We planned on having our usual Easter family dinner at our house. We generally have Easter dinner here, and I didn't want to change that. I'm still not opporating at full-gear, but with all the "heat and serve" possibliities, I was going to do this.

Not in the plans!!!!!! was the water pump dieing this weekend. It's bad enough that we need to replace the pump, but we refuse to pay the extra to have it done on a weekend.

Ordinarily we would have just switched to one of the kid's houses, but Tom was getting a whopper of a cold.

So I left all the kids and grandkids without food for Easter by postponing our family dinner until next Sunday. Poor kids! I called them on Saturday with the bad news. Fortunately they all had food in the house and were able to improvise!

We were able to go to church and celebrate The Resurection, DH made it on cough drops. And, we did get a nice long nap in the afternoon. So, we are looking forward to our family dinner next Sunday, and most of this packaged food will keep till then.

BTW - the only thing left to breakdown in this house before we sell it, is the furnace!!!!!!

Looking forward to SPRING!

Hugs to all of my KT friends!

Hayjud

Comments (4)